Welcome to the blog, Colorado Preppers. Prepping doesn't mean we think the apocolypse is coming or the earth will blow up. It simply means that we are preparing for any eventuality that may strike here in Colorado (USA) ... from swine/bird flu to blizzards to global financial collapse to loss of income and more. // Come learn with us about things like water purifying and collecting, inventory checks and more. However, we are NOT political and not affiliated with any specific religion or group. // FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE GO TO WWW.SURVIVAL-COOKING.BLOGSPOT.COM OR TO FIND OUT ABOUT MY BOOKS ON THESE AND OTHER TOPICS, GO TO WWW.VIKKI-LAWRENCE-WILLIAMS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Re-Reading George Orwell's 1984. Scary.

I'm assigning my kid "1984" by George Orwell as a literature/reading assignment this coming year. Since the last time I read it was in school in the 70's, I picked it up yesterday to get a jump on it.

Geez, it's scary. It feels a lot like the beginning of what we're going through now. Monitoring our every move. Ministry of War making people disappear without being convicted of a crime. Focus on the rich and ignore the poor (except to persecute them). Public humiliation of people who dare to speak out. Subliminal persuasion. Food rations.

I realize it's not exact, but it sure feels like that's where we're headed if we don't start standing up to these people who "run" our government.

1 comment:

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

You know, I never had to read 1984 in school. Maybe I'll have to pick it up this winter. I hear so much talk about it.