Welcome to the blog, Colorado Preppers. Prepping doesn't mean we think the apocolypse is coming or the earth will blow up. It simply means that we are preparing for any eventuality that may strike here in Colorado (USA) ... from swine/bird flu to blizzards to global financial collapse to loss of income and more. // Come learn with us about things like water purifying and collecting, inventory checks and more. However, we are NOT political and not affiliated with any specific religion or group. // FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE GO TO WWW.SURVIVAL-COOKING.BLOGSPOT.COM OR TO FIND OUT ABOUT MY BOOKS ON THESE AND OTHER TOPICS, GO TO WWW.VIKKI-LAWRENCE-WILLIAMS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Not Prepared Enuf

We had an electrical outage at our new home yesterday. Couldn’t work online, blog, or write. Couldn’t use my seal-a-meal. Couldn’t use the microwave to make my kid’s lunch (we improvised the menu!). The whole thing just reminded me that I haven’t finished my preparations, and most of my information is either on my computer’s hard-drive or online either in blog-postings or e-books.

I hadn't even printed out my inventory list! I finally found the crockpot but couldn't find my packages of dried food with recipes enclosed.

So I used my cell to get in touch with a person who has expressed interest in publishing, and together we struck a collaborative deal. We’re going to go through a list we made, and write short to-the-point e-books and laminated cheat-sheets for all of the topics we need quickly accessible in case of emergency. These won’t be just for our use, but also for sell, if anyone is interested in them.

We have quite a list, but if you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment on this posting.

And now I have the flu. Well, not THE flu, but a stomach variety. Argh. I'll be back when I'm feeling better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it is better to see where one can improve in preparing thanks to a little incident instead of "the big one" ;)

Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

There is NO such thing as the "stomach flu" if your that sick its likely disentary or some other food borne illness. My doctor riped on me a few years back when the whole county came down with "the stomach flu"